Did you know, poor food choices can bring harm to your teeth? Well, it’s true! If you eat foods dangerous to your teeth, your oral health could pay the price. However, many foods people are not aware of can bring harm to your teeth. That is why our team is happy to help you understand which foods can harm your teeth.
Our dentists, Drs. Paul and Faith Tetting, care about your teeth and oral health. Furthermore, our team at Tetting & Tetting, D.D.S. in Appleton, Wisconsin, is here to assist you with your oral health questions and needs.
Here is a list of foods that can harm your teeth many people consume each day:
– Sticky or chewy foods: Gummy or chewy foods can cling to your teeth and linger long after you are done with them. These foods are unsafe because they stick to your teeth eating away at your tooth enamel producing cavities, which can lead to tooth loss.
– Ice: Ice is a very solid substance many people like to chew on. Still, the hard content can cause your teeth to chip and crack easily, creating a dental hazard for your smile.
– Sour candy: The elements used in sour candy is tremendously high in acidic content, so much so that it is almost the same acid ranking as car battery acid. These foods are unsafe to your teeth and health.
– Sugary: Sugar is known to be risky to your teeth because it can generate cavities and rot your teeth away.
– Hard foods: Some foods such as popcorn balls or kernels can injure your teeth by chipping or cracking them, which can cause discomfort.
As you can see, many foods can wreak havoc on your smile and oral health. If you would like help turning your oral health around and into the positive direction, then please call us today at 920.524.1650 to make an appointment. Our team looks forward to helping you.