With all the chewy and sticky treats that abound during the holiday season, it is important that you’re practicing safe and effective oral health care in the form of flossing. No matter if you are flossing with threaded floss or an interdental cleaner such as a water flosser, it is important to make sure you’re using the proper techniques. For additional help, see below:
– If flossing with thread proves too arduous for you or if you have had dental work that prevents it from fully cleaning between teeth, switch to an alternate interdental tool such as a water flosser.
– Be sure your dental floss can clean all your teeth without using the same section more than once, and always use a strand roughly 16 to 20 inches long for each flossing session.
– Make sure to floss between every single tooth, including the back row.
– Search for dental floss that is safe and effective, and is shred-resistant.
– To stop the spread contamination, do not use the same parts of a dental floss section with more than one tooth. Instead, move up and down the strand as needed.
– Avoid using the same strand of dental floss more than once.
– Try to floss your teeth 2 to 3 minutes every day.
No matter the smile makeover you are in need of, Dr. Paul R. Tetting and Dr. Faith L. Tetting at Tetting & Tetting, D.D.S. are here to help you in every way we can. If you would like to set up an appointment at our dentist office in Appleton, Wisconsin, please call us at 920.739.9612 to speak with a member of our team.